It's here! My first ever e-book!
5 phases to building a sustainable illustration & surface pattern design career.
Starting out in a creative career doesn't have to be overwhelming or unattainable. With a pinch of guidance and some insight from someone who's gone before you, you can go full time with your illustration and surface pattern design too!
This digital e-book includes:
• An 80 page digital PDF file for instant download after purchase.
• 10+ digitally fillable worksheet pages. Open up the PDF in Preview on Mac to fill in your answers right on your computer.
The book is broken up into 6 chapters going over 5 phases for building your creative career. These are all the subjects and topics I go into depth that you can find in the book.
1. My journey:
• A few things I love about being my own boss.
• Growing up.
• Starting EmmaKisstina.
• A few things I wish I had done differently at the beginning of my career.
• Making changes.
• A few things I started to do differently to reignite my business.
• EmmaKisstina and the future.
2. Phase 1:
• Identify your business and core values.
• Identify your niche, style and focus.
• Examples of designers with strong signature styles.
• Identify your big career dream.
• The evolution of your creative career. 5 potential scenarios.
• A few careers I admire.
• Mindset shifts for the professional artist.
• Making an income as a professional illustrator and surface pattern designer.
• 12 ways to make money as an illustrator and surface pattern designer.
• Designing your personal brand.
• A few thoughts on my own branding.
• Your portfolio.
• Example portfolio pages and sell sheet.
• Get your portfolio ready to be easily viewed by art directors and buyers in creative ways.
• Never stop learning.
• Supplies and technology.
3. Phase 2:
• Your website.
• Marketing platforms.
• Consistency, honesty and positivity.
• How the #@%! do I get clients!
• Say goodbye to the fear of your work being stolen.
4. Phase 3:
• Treat your business like a business.
• Banking, accounting, taxes and budgeting.
• Getting legal. Contracts.
• Price confidently.
• Calculate your rock bottom minimum wage.
• Calculate your realistic goal wage.
• Get your files organized.
• My collections Airtable base.
• My contacts Airtable base.
5. Phase 4:
• Dreams, goals, and plans. Map out your path to success.
• Develop your solid plan.
• What can you accomplish in a year.
• Design your quarter, month and week.
• Batching is your new business BFF.
• Emailing like a pro.
• Collaborations, exposure, trade and press.
• Short term and long term activities to grow your creative business.
• What to do when business is slow.
6. Phase 5:
• What kind of support do you need?
• Test, adapt and pivot. Maintaining a sustainable fulfilling creative career.
• Self care for the creative.